Opening Date: December 23, 2015
Closing Date: January 22, 2016
Foundation for Global Scholars (FGS) is a 501c3 nonprofit organization in Denver, CO whose mission is to equip and inspire young adults to tackle global challenges through leadership skills, international experience and cultural competence. Since 2006, FGS has awarded over $2 million in financial assistance and supported over 2000 U.S. young adults making an impact globally and locally. We have a strong track record in youth development, with a strong team and board. With six new mission-aligned products ready for markets, a cutting edge conscious leadership program for emerging global leaders, and a calendar of innovative events, we are in terrific position for growth.
We have an immediate opening for a full time business development and communications manager
We have three clear goals for 2016:
- Product sales
- Donor engagement
- Events attendance
In conjunction with these goals, we are looking for someone to drive the events and activities tied to growth. The best candidate will be aligned with our culture and goals, with the ability and passion for business development and will be results-focused.
Broadly, you’ll have the opportunity to cultivate a strong and wide community through targeted outreach that leads to a large sales funnel and attendance at events. You will be responsible for building audiences to attend our events; finding aligned organizations and networking opportunities for our outreach team and coordinating those contacts; relationship management with our community (donors, past and present scholars, event participants); events planning; and active social engagement.
The administrative portion of your job will require some duties with programming and support processes; database management; and other activities as needed. This position reports to the Executive Director.
This is a great job if you are an active social organizer, driven to produce results, and have a keen sense of business development. You will be working with a welcoming and warm team of staff and our board of directors, who are committed to the organization’s mission and success.
Build a sales funnel/pipeline that results in :
- 35 filled positions for every Conscious Leadership Summit
- Event participation in our monthly professional development series of 20 attendees or more
- Event participation at our annual special event, Eat Drink Travel will grow to 300 people
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Overseeing planning, content gathering, sending all routine newsletter and digital communications using established content
- News/current event harvester for business development opportunities
- Social media relations – gathering/producing content, reporting on metrics
- Increase our pipelines in all target audiences weekly, through digital and phone outreach and follow up
- Deepen our connections with our current relationships – donors, recipients, businesses – with a specific focus on aligned business development opportunities
- Major event planning support for Eat – Drink-Travel gala in the fall
- Event planning and support for monthly Nitty Gritties and quarterly Global Gatherings
- Logistics support for speaking engagements, including coordinating set up;
- As needed
This position requires the following skill sets:
Education and Skills
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Proven skills in business development or sales related work
- Strong skills in outreach and ability to build relationships with known and unknown audience
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate with our potential customers, our partners, and our donors.
- Growth mindset and inquisitive nature to keep a watchful eye for trends in reaching our target market
- Ability to work independently (self-motivated) and complete projects within required timeframes
- CRM Database experience
- Highly organized in developing systems
- Website and digital marketing skills
Strongly encouraged mindsets
- You get things done and have strong activator energy that initiates projects and anticipates needs. You have a strong track record of project completion.
- You thrive in a low structure environment, where everyone pitches in for the success of the team and organization. You are highly organized and use your skills to set up systems for the team.
- You are collaborative, open to feedback, self-aware and take 100% responsibility for your actions.
- You are globally focused, with a shared value in the importance of international experience and perspective in our interconnected world. You share a passion for conscious leadership
- You are a clear and succinct communicator and are open to helping others and willing/able to teach
$46,000 – $50,000 with bonus based on results.
We offer an excellent benefit package including generous vacation package, health insurance, and retirement plan in a friendly and upbeat environment. Professional development in conscious leadership. Ability to work remotely part of the time. We are tenants at the Posner Center, Denver’s thriving co-working space for international organizations. We are a collaborative, self-governing and empowering organization.
How to Apply
Send the following in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Business Development Manager:
- Succinct description of your three biggest professional results
- Briefly describe a time you were in a situation where you didn’t know how to solve the problem at hand and others needed the solution. What did you do and how did you share the solution with others?