If awarded a scholarship, you will have one year from the date of the email notification to provide confirmation of participation and other requested information in order to collect your FGS scholarship check. After one year, the scholarship is forfeited if unclaimed.
FGS keeps in touch with our award recipients both while abroad and following the completion of the study abroad program. Our scholars should and do expect to hear from us! Scholarship recipients will be profiled on the FGS website
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
You are a U.S. citizen.
You are enrolled in a U.S. college or university where transfer credit from an academic program abroad will be applied to your U.S. degree being earned.
You are enrolled in a U.S. undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree program.
You have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0.
You have a full, up-to-date transcript that can be provided as a PDF file and explicitly lists the following:
1) the name of the college or university
2) your full name (first and last)
3) your cumulative GPA
- You are studying abroad in the host country for a minimum of 4 weeks/28 days.
Foundation for Global Scholars designates 60% of its scholarship funding to students deemed underrepresented in study abroad, specifically the following:
- Students with financial need (PELL grant recipients)
- Students studying at Colorado institutions
- Ethnically diverse students
- U.S. military veterans
- First generation college students